OGAP Facilitator Training - Additive Reasoning REBOOT
This two day OGAP Facilitator training is for participants who have already participated in a 5 day Additive Reasoning Facilitator Training and wish to continue to serve as math leaders providing OGAP Additive Reasoning professional development within your district.
Participants in this training MUST have completed OGAP Additive Reasoning FACILITATOR training.
The fee includes:
1) Two Days Direct professional development focused on:
• Formative assessment in general and OGAP specific
• Mathematics education research on how students learn concepts, common errors that students make, or pre-conceptions or misconceptions that interfere with learning new concepts or solving related problems
• Research underpinning the OGAP Framework/learning progression for a specific topic
• Use of OGAP materials and resources
• OGAP framework/learning progressions with links to the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics (2010)
2) Electronic access to related OGAP item banks of formative assessment questions.
3) Printed facilitator guides
4) The related book, “Focus on Additive Reasoning” (2020)
5) The related OGAP Frameworks/learning progression and supporting materials.
6) Ongoing virtual support from the OGAP Math LLC Leadership Team.
7) Permission to lead OGAP Additive Reasoning Trainings for teachers in your district or school.
8) A light breakfast each morning. Coffee and tea served throughout each morning.
The fee does NOT include travel, housing or lunch/dinner while attending the training.
Training will take place from 8-4 each day.
If you are looking for local accommodations during the week of OGAP training, we have a group rate at the Comfort Inn in Berlin, VT (229-2222). They are offering rooms for $150 which is 10% off. The discount will increase to 15% off if we reach 20 rooms. Please mention the OGAP Math group to receive the discounted room. The hotel is within a 10 minute drive to the Capital Plaza.
- Christine Farnham